Sunday, October 11, 2009

Saige in the Sandbox

I have finally given in to the pressure of the world that is blogging. I resisted for a long time but started to think when Saige is a teenager, she'll say, "Mom, why were you the only one out of all my friends' mom not to blog? I want to see my childhood!".


Speaking of Saige, she seems to have blossomed more than ever in the past week. Not just socially and physically, but verbally. This past week, she told me she didn't want me to leave her during her nap. When I put her in her crib, she stood and said, "Bye bye, no no no no no". It was the cutest. She has also discovered the cat's food. At lunchtime and I went to feed the cats real quick before Saige and myself. I haven't seen her move so fast as she scurried over to the bowl, threw a piece of cat food in her mouth and said, "Mmmmmmm!!!" with raised eyebrows and a big smile. As if I had been keeping this delicacy from her. Well, at least it was Iams.


She is walking better than ever but still crawling a lot. She will soon be climbing and running soon and I won't have a baby anymore! I know she's a toddler now and not an infant, but I still call her the baby. :) In about a week, she will be 17 months old, weighing about 22 lbs. She is tall for her age, in the 95th percentile for height.


I'll post many more pics (new & old/pre-blog) but here's one this past week of Saige and Cib playing in the sandbox at Mission Burrito. She had a blast with her besti!







Blessings,

Natasha

5 comments:

  1. Here's your first comment! :)
    Look forward to reading and watching Saige grow up!
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our house, in order to not be called a baby, you have to be able to wipe your own bottom. She's still a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great! now out-of-town friends and relatives can watch Saige grow. i know her great-grandma in conroe will enjoy it. she's a real cutie. by the way, the cat food is only the beginning. love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! So excited to see more pics of Saige - I agree about the baby comments. She will alway be your baby - I call my nephew who is 3 "the baby" still because for years he was the only baby in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reading and posting your comments, friends. That makes blogging exciting & rewarding!

    ReplyDelete